I believe the objective of your social media AD should NOT be to make an ‘instant’ sale but to;
- Identify your ‘true’ target audience
- Capture interest or grab attention
- Get people to see your value proposition and take action
- Convert prospects to leads.
Social media Ads can be compared to a guy who wants to “toast” a girl at the bar. The process is somewhat similar, you don’t approach a girl at the bar and immediately propose to her (this isn’t the movies..lol). So let me make the analogy; a step at a time;
- You spot a girl you like at the bar, she fits all your criteria (i.e. you have identified your target audience).
- You approach her nicely with confidence looking dapper and offered to buy her a drink (i.e. you look ‘compelling’ and also grabbed her attention).
- She listens to whatever it is you have to say (you’ve gotten her to listen to your ‘value proposition’) – This is definitely the most important part, it determines whether or not the conversation will move further or she will call security.
- If your ‘VP” is cool, you then ask for her number (which is your call to action); she will most likely give you. – This is where some advertisers get it wrong; they ask for her ‘hand in marriage” instead of ‘her number’ i.e. they ask customers to buy, buy, buy. You can’t always skip the buying process; else you will lose the prospect for good! A good value proposition is key!
- As a sharp guy, you now have her number (i.e. she has subscribed to your email list or registered on your platform). What next? This is where you begin to gradually build a relationship by getting to know her and hope you get your first official date (a chance to show how you can really add value to your prospective client). – A good relationship with a prospect allows you too ‘see’ other ways you can add value.
- If you play your cards right and she sees why you are the right guy for her, she will eventually say yes (i.e. you just landed a new client!).
With a lean marketing budget, we have used this approach to acquire 65% of the 10,000+ creative users on our platform (54artistry.com) and over 8 B2B clients that we provide creative services for (i.e. photography, art, design, social media marketing, printing and more).
Of course, there’s the “how” to all these, i.e. how to create compelling Ads that get people to stop scrolling and look at your Ad, how to draft short and sweet value propositions, how to identify your TAs and more.
Do you find it time-consuming creating and managing effective social media ADs for your business? If yes, let us help you create social media ADs that work!
At Omentify, we help businesses use social media to reach more people who might be interested in your products or services.
Below is how we can help;
*We will conceptualize, create, execute and monitor your social media campaigns, therefore save you hours of valuable business time.
*We use precise targeting to reach your target audience, thereby saving you more money.
*We have graphic designers that can help you create visual content.
If you are interested, please click here to request a call.