Are you tired of losing money on Facebook and Instagram Ads?
Before you create your first or next sponsored advert, it is very important that you understand the keys to success.
Based on my experience and mistakes using Facebook & Instagram Ads for my brands and clients, I compiled a list of 5 advertising tips that will help you get more customers.
The first key is getting your adverts in front of the right people. This is very important because there are millions of people on social media, so you need to be very clear about who you put your ads in front of.
You can learn more about targeting here.
What is a marketing funnel?
On Facebook ad manager, just before you create your ads, you will see the funnels as Awareness > Consideration > Conversion. People first become aware of your product, then they actually consider taking an action like watching your video or going to your website and then finally they will convert by making a sale or signing up or visiting your store in person.
Some examples of social media marketing funnel.
- Traffic > Email Leads > Sales via Email Marketing — Appropriate if you are selling a service.
- Lead Ads > Free Consultation > Sales over Phone — Perfect for coaches, teachers, local businesses etc.
- Video views > App Installs via Custom Audience or Website Signups> Premium Version Sale — Appropriate for people selling products.
3. Ad Format
You need to match your ad format to your marketing objective. For instance;
- If you want to drive traffic to your website or showcase many products at once, use a carousel ads (multiple images in one ad).
- If you want people to watch your video, obviously you will use a Video ad…lol.
- If you want to collect people’s contact details directly on Facebook or Instagram, I recommend using a Lead Ad form.
- If you want to make people take action on your website like shop, sign ups etc., use the Link ad
- If you just want likes and shares on your post(s), use the Image ad.
The most commonly asked question is How Much Does it Cost to Advertise on Facebook/Instagram? There are two ways to look at it, the first is to look at the absolute minimum;
- If you just want people to be aware of your product or service, there’s a minimum of $1 per day. (NO CLICKS)
- If you want some traffic to your website or video views, I recommend at least $5 per day
- If you want to promote offers or app installs, that will cost at least $40 a day
Facebook ad spend minimum
Another way you can budget, is to match your budget to goals. For instance you can use the guidelines below;
- Facebook or Instagram Followers: You can budget $0.5c (half a dollar) per page like or follower
- Email Subscribers: Budget $0.5 per subscriber
- Website Traffic or video views or post like: Budget $0.35 per action (i.e. website visit, view)
- Product Sale: Budget $30 per conversion or sale
- App Installs (free app): Budget $2 per install
5. The Ad Creative
This is what people actually see in their Facebook or IG news feed. Here are the 4 parts to a great Ad creative;
- It’s Visual: Remember that there are so many pictures on the newsfeed, so your advert needs to catch people’s attention. You should use bright colours, fine faces or interesting cartoons when designing your ad creative. See some great ad samples.
- It’s relevant: The image should relate to what the ad is about.
- Enticing offer: This is extremely important. Your ad should include an enticing offer, maybe a free eBook or 80% discount or get one free, free download, etc. Just something that will entice your prospective customers or fans. More people will click and this will reduce your advert spend.
Facebook Ad Creative
There are other tips to social media ad success like A/B split testing, monitoring and reporting and more. However, those 5 tips above are essential for anyone looking to get more customers or fans on Facebook or Instagram without spending too much or wasting so much money.
We Can Help
If you want to create adverts that can get you potential customers, we can help you set up your advert manager and create adverts for you. Please click here to send me a WhatsApp message or email Seni@omentify.com
Thanks for reading!